Monday, October 23, 2006

Urban enters alcohol rehab



Country singer Keith Urban, husband of Hollywood actress Nicole Kidman, has voluntarily admitted himself into a rehabilitation centre for alcohol dependency.

The 38-year-old Grammy-winner is thought to be at Cumberland Heights in Nashville, Tennessee, where the couple's home is and where he was treated for cocaine addiction in 1998.

A spokesman for Urban said that his new album entitled 'Love, Pain and the Whole Crazy Thing' would still be released as scheduled on November 7th, but that all promotional appearances had been postponed.

"I deeply regret the hurt this has caused Nicole and the ones that love and support me," Urban said in a statement.

"One can never let ones guard down on recovery and I'm afraid that I have. With the strength and unwavering support I am blessed to have from my wife, family and friends, I am determined and resolved to a positive outcome."

Kidman, 39, was with her husband as he entered the rehab centre and will make regular visits to him during his stay there.

The couple married in the Oscar-winning actress' native Sydney on June 25th this year.

0 Comments: