Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Crowe to be an action man at home

He may have once been the gladiator but Russell Crowe is now just as content in his role as a father.

The Oscar winning star has revealed that he is not chasing after roles in major Hollywood movies like he once did, preferring to spend more time with his family.


Crowe and his wife Danielle Spencer welcomed a second son, Tennyson, earlier this year. They also have a two-year old son Charles.

The actor, who made a name for himself in blockbusters, has admitted that he now prefers to do smaller films.

"The thing is with the jobs I am choosing these days is that they don't come with 26 or 38-week shooting schedules like some of the films I've done in the last few years," he said in comments reported by Bang Media.

"Every decision that I make now depends on what's right for my wife Danielle and my two young boys."

Crowe also added that he is getting too old to do stunt-orientated films.

The 42-year old starred in physically demanding roles in films such as Master and Commander, Gladiator and Cinderella Man.


"Now that I'm getting a little bit older the bones are creaking and the Achilles tendons don't work the way they should," he said.

"I don't approach everything with the same intensity that I used to."

0 Comments: