Monday, November 13, 2006

Si's Xtreme Dilemma

It's not often that Simon Cowell is lost for words.

But this weekend's X-Factor elimination put the normally acid-tongued judge in a tricky spot.


Simon had to choose between two of his own acts on Saturday... a situation he clearly found embarrassing.

Sharon Osbourne voted to eliminate Scottish teenager Nikitta Angus, while Louis Walsh gave the thumbs down to Scouser Raymond Quinn.

So it was left to Simon to cast the deciding vote. He could only shake his head in a rare moment of speechlessness before muttering: "I don't get it."


Nikitta Angus
He left the two acts in suspense, before turning to them and saying: "Right, I've just changed my mind. The act I am sending home tonight is Nikitta."

Niki, 17, had performed Donna Summer's Last Dance to stay in the show. Ray sang Queen's Crazy Little Thing Called Love.

After her elimination, Niki - who's dating fellow contestant Jermaine Sanderson of 4Sure - admitted maybe it was her time to go.

"I was so sad and (saying) 'I don't want to leave,' but you kind of feel a little weight lifted off your shoulders."

0 Comments: